Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Wisdom Teeth Extraction is a common dental procedure in Turkey that involves the removal of the third molars, located in the back of the upper and lower jaws. This procedure is typically recommended if the wisdom teeth are impacted, causing pain or infections, or if they may potentially cause issues in the future. An oral surgeon or dentist can perform the extraction, which is often necessary for optimal oral health.
Reasons for Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Turkey
All four wisdom teeth may occasionally erupt naturally and provide no issues. However, wisdom teeth frequently erupt at an angle or remain partially or completely impacted in the jawbone or beneath the gum line. Many different problems may result from this. If you have any of the following symptoms, your dentist may advise you to have your wisdom teeth extracted:
- Have dental pain near the back of your mouth.
- Trap food and debris around your wisdom teeth.
- Develop gum disease, particularly around your molars.
- Have tooth decay (cavities) in a partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- Develop a cyst (fluid-filled sac) around one or more wisdom teeth.
- Have sustained damage to nearby teeth or surrounding bone.
Before Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Turkey
Your dentist will direct you to an oral surgeon for a consultation. The surgeon will examine your wisdom teeth and take dental X-rays to pinpoint their precise location during this appointment. They’ll also talk to you about your sedative alternatives. Depending on your particular needs, wisdom tooth extraction is often done under local anesthesia, IV sedation, or general anesthesia. If you attend this appointment, be sure to:
- Discuss any health issues you may have.
- List any medications you regularly take.
- Ask any concerns you may have regarding the procedure.
- Talk about the type of anesthetic you’ll receive. During surgery, you may be awake or sedated.
- Plan a day off from work or school so that you can recover at home after surgery. If you require it, arrange for child or pet care or a ride home.
You’ll get one of these types of anesthesia so you don’t feel pain during the removal:
- Local: Your doctor will numb your mouth with a shot of local anesthetic such as novocaine, lidocaine, or bupivacaine. You may also breathe nitrous oxide or laughing gas to relax or even doze during surgery. You should feel alert again shortly afterward.
- IV sedation: The surgeon will numb your mouth and also give you drugs through a vein in your arm to make you drowsy. You might sleep during the whole procedure.
- General: You’ll either get drugs through a vein or breathe gas in through a mask. You’ll be asleep the whole time and might not wake up for an hour or so after the surgery.
During Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Turkey
After sedatives have been administered, your surgeon will access the impacted wisdom teeth (wisdom teeth embedded in the bone or gums). Your oral surgeon carefully separates and pulls the wisdom teeth from their sockets once they are visible, cleans the affected areas, and applies stitches afterward. The stitches will typically disappear on their own after a few days.
How long does it take to remove wisdom teeth?
The average time for wisdom tooth removal is one hour or less. Complex instances could require more time.
After Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Turkey
Anesthesia has diverse effects on different people. If you were given a local anesthetic and are awake, you may be able to drive yourself home to start your recovery. You might even be able to resume your regular activities or return to work. You will require a driver to take you home if you underwent general anesthesia or are still feeling sleepy.
Most patients experience minimal or no pain following surgery. For around three days, you’ll probably experience swelling and minimal discomfort. It can take a few weeks for your mouth to fully recover.
For a quicker recovery, stick to your doctor’s recommendations. The following advice is for the first three days following surgery:
- To reduce swelling or alter the color of your skin, apply an ice pack to your face.
- For aching jaw, use moist heat.
- To strengthen your jaw, gently open and close your mouth.
- Consume soft foods like soup, pasta, and rice.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Start brushing your teeth on day two. Avoid touching any blood clots.
- To reduce discomfort or swelling, take the medications that your doctor has prescribed.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you develop a fever or notice no improvement in your discomfort or swelling.
- Avoid using abrasive mouthwash. Your doctor could advise using salt water to gently rinse.
- Avoid eating anything sticky, crunchy, or hard since it could irritate your wounds.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking can make healing take longer.
When should I arrange a visit with my doctor?
The removal of wisdom teeth typically doesn’t have major complications. However, you must make an appointment with your oral surgeon if you:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- Infection (pus) coming out of one or more extraction sites.
- Heavy bleeding.
- Pain that doesn’t improve with medication.
- Swelling that worsens after three days.
- Facial numbness.
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing.
- Blood or pus in nasal drainage.
What benefits do wisdom teeth extractions in Turkey offer?
The most significant advantage of having wisdom teeth removed is that it lowers the risk of developing future oral health issues such as gum disease, tooth decay, damage to neighboring teeth, bone loss, and jaw damage. If you already experience pain from your wisdom teeth, extraction can almost instantly relieve it and put you back on the path to excellent oral health.
The majority of wisdom tooth extractions don’t cause long-term issues. However, sometimes a surgical procedure that involves making an incision in the gum tissue and bone excision is necessary to remove an impacted wisdom tooth. Rare problems may be:
- When the post-operative blood clot is lost from the site of the surgical wound, a painful dry socket or exposed bone results (socket)
- Bacteria or food-particle-trapped infection in the socket.
- Damage to the bones, sinuses, nerves, or teeth nearby.
You probably won’t need a follow-up appointment after a wisdom tooth extraction if:
- You don’t need stitches removed
- No complications arose during the procedure
- You don’t experience persistent problems, such as pain, swelling, numbness, or bleeding — complications that might indicate infection, nerve damage, or other problems.
Contact your dentist or oral surgeon to discuss treatment options if complications develop.
Wisdom Teeth Extraction Cost in Europe
The cost of the extraction of a wisdom tooth in Europe ranges from 100 to 150 euros.
Wisdom Teeth Extraction Cost In Turkey Istanbul and Antalya
The cost of the extraction of a wisdom tooth in Turkey ranges from 50 to 70 euros.
Why Work with US?
As Cayra Clinic, we offer top quality materials applied by best professionals in our clinics in İstanbul and Antalya.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is wisdom teeth extraction cheaper in Turkey?
Yes, wisdom teeth extraction surgery in Turkey cost half of the prices in EU countries.
Can I travel after having wisdom teeth extraction surgery in Turkey?
Yes, you can travel after having wisdom teeth extraction surgery.
Where can I stay while waiting to have wisdom teeth extraction surgery in Turkey?
You can stay in our five-star hotels. We will book your room for you before you come to Turkey.
Do doctors speak English in Turkey?
Most doctors in Turkey speak English or have an assistant to help communicate.
What are the ways of transportation in Turkey?
We pick you up from the airport with our VIP car and drive you to your hotel and then we take you to the clinic from the hotel. We also have city tours with our VIP cars included in our packages.
You can visit our blog page for more information about Wisdom Teeth Extraction.