Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is a common practice that involves the surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis. This procedure is greatly influenced by cultural and religious traditions, especially of the Muslims and Jews. It is considered a rule of cleanliness in various religions. Many parents choose to circumcise their sons for religious, cultural, or social reasons. The surgery is performed by a Urologist at an affordable price. If you are looking for a reliable clinic for circumcision surgery in Turkey, consider Cayra clinic. They offer high-quality services and have experienced professionals who can ensure a safe and successful procedure.
When Is Circumcision Surgery In Turkey Needed?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is done for medical and religious reasons. In jewish and islamic culture and some african and australian communities, Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is done for religious purposes. For them, it is a matter of maintaining personal hygiene, following family tradition, or simply for preventive reasons. Sometimes, circumcision can be done for medical reasons, for example:
- Tight foreskin (it won’t pull back or retract)
- Recurrent inflammation of the head of the penis
- Swelling of the foreskin
- Phimosis, scarring, and inflammation of the head of the penis
- Penile cancer
Who Are The Best Candidates For Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey may be carried out for several reasons that include medical and non-medical purposes.
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is most commonly indicated in the following conditions:
- Tight foreskin (it won’t pull back or retract): a condition known as phimosis
- Recurrent balanitis: A condition in which the foreskin and head of the penis become inflamed and infected
- Paraphimosis: When the foreskin fails to return to its original position after being pulled back. This may lead to swelling and pain in the head of the penis. Prompt treatment is required to prevent any serious complications, such as reduced blood flow to the penis.
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans: Causes phimosis and may scar and inflame the head of the penis
- Penile cancer
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is a common practice in Jewish, African, and Islamic communities.
Who Should Not Consider Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
People with certain conditions cannot undergo the Circumcision Surgery in Turkey procedure. These include:
- A pre-existing medical condition that requires monitoring
- Known bleeding diathesis (e.g., haemophilia, thrombocytopenia)
- Certain disorders of the skin or connective tissue may lead to impairment of normal healing
- Informed parental consent has not been obtained.
- Premature babies
- Babies aged 12 to 24 hours
How should I prepare for Circumcision Surgery in Turkey?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is performed while newborns are still in the hospital. The procedure can be performed by paediatricians or obstetricians. Signing the consent form before getting the circumcision is essential. For children or older adults, Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is an outpatient procedure. Even for them, signing a consent is mandatory. Doctors explain the associated risks and benefits of the procedure before beginning. Painkillers are prescribed to deal with the pain after the procedure.
How Does The Circumcision Surgery In Turkey Treatment Work?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey in newborns is performed in the hospital within ten days of their birth. The procedure usually takes about 10 minutes after the anaesthesia takes effect. It can be done with the stapler technique as well. Cosmetically it’s superior to the conventional method. Newborns are made to lie on their back with their arms and legs restrained. First, the penis and the adjacent area are cleaned with an antiseptic. Then, anaesthesia is injected into the base of the penis. Next, a clamp or plastic ring is attached to the penis to remove the foreskin. The penis is then coated with an ointment and wrapped loosely with gauze. The procedure is similar for older boys and adults.
The patient is given a clinical physical examination and necessary tests are performed as prescribed by the doctor to ensure make sure the procedure is smooth and safe. The doctor administers anesthesia at the base of the penis to help reduce pain for the patient during surgery, the anesthetic effect usually lasts up to 1 hour after the end of the procedure. The doctor separates the foreskin with an electric pen, removes excess skin and conducts plastic surgery. After the end of the procedure, the patient is allowed to rest for 30 minutes to monitor their health and listen to advice from a specialist on how to clean and care for the penis after surgery.
Are There Complications Of Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey procedure does not attract any severe complications whatsoever. Pain and swelling are normal and will disappear in a few days.
What Is The Cost Of Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
The cost of Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is lesser compared to other European countries like UK, USA and India. The prices of Circumcision Surgery in Turkey for children and adults ranges between $250 and $500.
Is Circumcision Surgery in Turkey covered by insurance?
Circumcision is an elective procedure. This means, that your insurance company may not cover the cost of this procedure. It is important that you call your insurance company to check your coverage before the procedure.
Can 40-Year-Old Men Be Circumcised?
Narrowing or elongation of the foreskin occurs in both infants and adult men. As recommended by doctors, there is no age limit for circumcision surgery. Therefore, 40-year-old male circumcision when the foreskin is narrow or elongated is completely doable. In case the narrow foreskin causes difficulty in the process of going to the toilet, pain in the penis, urine accumulation in the foreskin when not cleaned will create conditions for bacteria to grow, causing infections. Male diseases such as balanitis, urethritis, penile cancer… Patients need to go to a medical facility to be examined and indicated as soon as possible to avoid serious health and important consequences. Later sex. In addition, early circumcision will help keep the genitals clean and limit the risk of penile infections.
What Are The Benefits Of Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is essential to correct long or narrow foreskin in adults, providing many health benefits for men as follows:
- Circumcision Surgery in Turkey makes cleaning easier: Patients will no longer experience genital warts or harmful bacteria that accumulate causing inflammation of the urethra, glans, gynecological diseases.
- Circumcision Surgery in Turkey helps the penis to develop comprehensively: Adult male at the age of 40, Circumcision Surgery in Turkey will create conditions for the penis not to be tight or restrained as before, but can freely develop fully.
- Circumcision Surgery in Turkey helps improve sexual quality: the penis will be able to erect to its full capacity, stronger and more confident during sexual intercourse.
- Reduce the risk of infection of social diseases: The penis after the procedure is developed normally, clean and hygienic to help limit the accumulation, development and invasion of viruses and bacteria that cause infectious diseases.
- Limiting the risk of male infertility and penile cancer: Many patients often wonder if the foreskin is long or narrow, whether it is necessary to undergo a circumcision procedure or not.
- Delay in this decision can lead to poor sperm quality, potentially increasing the risk of developing penile cancer.
What Is The After Care For Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Proper care and hygiene after a Circumcision Surgery in Turkey procedure is extremely important. Some notes on care and hygiene after surgery are as follows:
- After surgery, the foreskin is usually thinner and more sensitive. Therefore, patients should wash their hands and gently wash the penis 2-3 times a day.
- Avoid using strong antibacterial soaps or strong scents because they can cause irritation.
- Patients should not drink stimulants such as alcohol, beer, tobacco, carbonated drinks or alcohol, because they slow down the wound healing process.
- When urinating, gently use the middle and index fingers to pinch and gently pull the foreskin up. Pull the foreskin back to its original position and do not allow urine to collect after using the toilet.
- Proper hygiene of the foreskin not only protects the penis and limits infection, but also plays an important role in maintaining sexual function. So in any case you need to clean every day in the shower and after sex.
Is Circumcision Surgery In Turkey Painful?
No, Circumcision Surgery in Turkey is not painful. The penis takes about seven to twelve days to heal completely. People experience swelling, redness, and soreness around the penis. Sometimes a yellow fluid may be present on the tip of the penis.
- As the anaesthesia wears off, babies may feel pain and can get cranky. Avoid applying any pressure on their penis.
- Wash the penis gently after it heals and keeps the area hygienic. Change bandage with every change in the diaper for newborns.
- Keep the diaper loose.
- The application of petroleum jelly to the tip of the penis can prevent it from sticking to the diaper.
- If a plastic ring has been placed instead of a bandage, it will drop off within a week.
When Should I Call My Doctor After Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
In case any of the following symptoms arise, contact your doctor at Cayra Clinc in Turkey immediately:
- Difficulty in urinating even after 12 hours of the circumcision
- Persistent bleeding
- Foul-smelling fluid drain from the tip of the penis
- The plastic ring does not fall off on its own even after two weeks of circumcision
- Increased pain
Whats The Recovery Period For Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey will most often numb the penis with local anesthesia before the procedure starts. The numbing medicine may be injected at the base of the penis, in the shaft, or applied as a cream. There are several ways to perform a circumcision. Most commonly, the foreskin is pushed from the head of the penis and clamped with a metal or plastic ring-like device. If the ring is metal, the foreskin is cut off and the metal device is removed. The wound heals in 5 to 7 days. If the ring is plastic, a piece of suture is tied tightly around the foreskin. This pushes the tissue into a groove in the plastic over the head of the penis. Within 5 to 7 days, the plastic covering the penis falls free, leaving a completely healed circumcision. The baby may be given a sweetened pacifier during the procedure. Tylenol (acetaminophen) may be given afterward.
In older and adolescent boys, circumcision is most often done under general anesthesia so the boy is asleep and pain free. The foreskin is removed and stitched onto the remaining skin of the penis. Stitches that dissolve are used to close the wound. They will be absorbed by the body within 7 to 10 days. The wound may take up to 3 weeks to heal.
When Will I Resume My Daily Activities After Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
You should remain relatively inactive the first 72 hours following Circumcision Surgery in Turkey. We do encourage walking around for a few minutes every two hours to maintain good circulation, but otherwise, no activity. After three days, you may resume your daily routine but should continue to avoid high-impact Activities such as running, skiing, or boating as well as activities that put direct pressure on the scrotum such as riding a motorcycle, atv, or snow machine for a total of 6 weeks after surgery. Ice packs should be placed on and off the genitals for the first 48-72 hours. Frozen peas or an ice pack can be frozen, used and re-frozen. Fifteen minutes on and 15 minutes off is the recommended schedule. Use a thin cloth or towel in between the skin and ice pack to reduce skin irritation. Ice is a good pain reliever and keeps the swelling down. Avoid all forms of sexual activity for four to six weeks after surgery. Erections, in general, should be avoided; however, erections that occur while sleeping cannot be controlled and thus some pain upon waking is normal. In some instances, these erections can cause early disruption of stitches that can result in prolonged healing, i.e. Prolonged restrictions. They can also sometimes lead to bleeding.
If bleeding occurs, hold pressure on bleeding site for 10 minutes. Repeat if necessary. If bleeding does not stop after two rounds of applied pressure, call your doctor at Cayra Clinic immediately.
Why Choose Cayra Clinic For Your Circumcision Surgery In Turkey?
Cayra Clinic in Turkey, offers a wide range of plastic and cosmetic surgery services. Cayra Clinic in Turkey uses the services of the best urologist in Turkey who are professional in the field of Circumcision Surgery. With our offices located in Istanbul and Antalya, Turkey and with out offices equipped with the latest technologies possible, we assure you a complete and perfect Circumcision Surgery without any complications whatsoever. Book an appointment with Cayra Clinic in Turkey now and you will be glad with you Circumcision Surgery results. Our office will call you within one business day to set up your first follow-up appointment.
You can visit our blog page for more information about Strabismus Surgery.