Tooth extraction is a necessary dental treatment that helps maintain overall oral health. If you are experiencing severe tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma, tooth extraction may be the best option for you. At Cayra Clinic in Turkey, we offer safe and effective tooth extraction procedures performed by experienced dental surgeons. Our clinic provides top-notch care and comfort to our patients during and after the procedure, ensuring a quick and comfortable recovery. With our affordable prices, you can receive the highest quality dental care while also enjoying the beauty and culture of Turkey. Contact us for more information about our tooth extraction services.
Types of Tooth Extractions in Turkey
There are different procedures a dentist can choose to go along with according to the tooth’s condition and their expertise in the procedure.
- Simple Extraction
This relatively simple process involves loosening the tooth before extracting it from the gum line.
- Surgical Extraction
If the tooth is impacted or not fully erupted, it may need a surgical procedure. Moreover, this method also can be preferred for severely broken down teeth or one with long, curved roots. Also, the density of the bone around the teeth can be a reason for this procedure.
The Reasons Behind a Tooth Extraction
- Excess Damage
- Broken teeth
- Wisdom teeth
- Cyst or tumor teeth
- Significant Infection
- Embedded and problematic teeth
- Periodontal Disease
- Impacted Teeth
Preparing for a Tooth Extraction
As mentioned, tooth extraction in Turkey is a simple and fast procedure. To ensure a smooth recovery, your dentist will take x-rays of your teeth. He can also prescribe antibiotics before and after the surgery to aid your immune system. It is also essential to share any information regarding your medical conditions as they can also impact the procedure. If you are on any medicine, let your doctor know.
Additionally, before having a tooth extracted, women who are pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant should let their doctor know. Before tooth extraction, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with an antimicrobial mouthwash. This reduces the possibility of inflammation following tooth extraction. In the end, tooth extraction is completed within an hour. Depending on the state of the tooth, this period may change.
Medical conditions of concern with tooth extractions
- Problems with previous extractions
- Cardiovascular disease
- Leukemia / Lymphoma
- Congenital heart problem
- Thyroid disease Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- High blood pressure
- Adrenal disease
- Artificial joints
- Lowered immunity
- History of bacterial endocarditis
- Damaged or replaced heart valves
The Complete Procedure for a Tooth Extraction in Turkey
Steps of simple tooth extraction:
- A local anesthetic is administered to the gum around the tooth.
- The elevator tool is used to loosen the tooth.
- The dentist extracts the tooth.
- The dentist places a gauze pad to stop bleeding at the operation site and speed up the healing process. It also aids in the prevention of blood clots.
Steps of a surgical extraction:
- A local or general anesthetic is administered.
- The dentist creates a small cut on the gum to expose the tooth and maybe the bone.
- The tooth may also need to be broken into pieces to prevent trauma.
- Each piece is removed from the socket.
- The socket is cleaned thoroughly.
Post-Procedure / Recovery Period Care in Turkey
Although, post-dental extraction care will differ slightly for each patient. It usually takes a day to recover after tooth extraction. The following instructions help lower the risk of complications:
- For the first 24 hours, take it easy and rest. Don’t start your routine immediately.
- For the first 24 hours after tooth extraction, refrain from using a straw, smoking, or rinsing.
- Avoid eating foods that are too hot or cold. These may result in the bleeding continuing. You can only eat warm, soft things.
- In order to minimize swelling, apply an ice pack to your cheek.
- Bite down on the gauze pad to stop the bleeding and promote clotting.
- As directed by your dentist, take all prescription medications.
- Use pillows when you’re lying down to keep your head raised.
- As usual, floss between your teeth, but avoid the extraction site.
- Eat soft foods the day after the surgery, such as yogurt, pudding, and applesauce.
- Eight ounces of warm water with a half-teaspoon of salt added will help you rinse your mouth after 24 hours.
- You can gradually reintroduce other foods into your diet as you recover over the following few days.
If you are experiencing ongoing pain for several days or signs of an infection, make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible.
What are the risks of a tooth extraction?
Tooth extraction in Turkey is a pretty safe procedure with minimal risk. Although, in some cases, infection is likely if your immune system isn’t in good shape following tooth extraction. The most frequent complication is dry bone inflammation, which develops when there isn’t a blood clot in the socket where the tooth was extracted or when the blood clot that does form deteriorates. The underlying bone is visible and exposed to air and food particles in a dry bone inflammation. This procedure can leave a terrible taste and odor in the mouth and is quite uncomfortable. If dry bone inflammation arises, the dentists in Turkey apply dressings at specific times to ease the pain and speed up the healing process. Infection is the risk that tooth extractions are most vulnerable to. Serious issues might arise from infections. The events mentioned above are highly unusual. However, you should contact your dentist if you experience any unusual symptoms.
Other risks include:
- swelling and redness at the surgical site
- accidental tooth damage on other teeth
- nerve damage in the surrounding area
Tooth Extraction prices in Europe and Turkey
In most EU countries, Simple Extraction usually costs between €75 and €200 per tooth. In contrast, Surgical Extraction can cost between €800 and €4,000. Where you have the procedure can also impact how much you pay.
The cost in Turkey will generally be one-third of what you will be paying there for the same treatment, depending on the different materials you choose.
Tooth Extraction prices in Istanbul
Tooth extraction prices in Istanbul range from €20 to €70.
Tooth Extraction prices in Antalya
Tooth extraction prices in Antalya range from €20 to €70.
Frequently asked questions
What can I do while waiting to have a tooth extraction in Turkey?
You can enjoy the historical places and beaches in Turkey while waiting for a tooth extraction procedure by our professional dentists.
What are the benefits of having tooth extraction in Turkey?
Cayra Clinic in Turkey combines health and tourism. We also offer expert dentists at affordable prices compared to other countries.
What should I prepare/pack before my trip to Turkey?
Depending on your country’s regulations, you may need a visa. Also, it is a good idea to pack suitable clothes for your stay in Turkey.
Where can I stay while waiting to have a tooth extraction in Turkey?
You can accommodate in our five-star hotels. We will book your room for you before you come to Turkey.
Do dentists speak English in Turkey?
Most dentists in Turkey speak English or have an assistant to help communicate.
Do I need to bring a companion while having a tooth extraction in Turkey?
You can bring a companion or choose to work with our team, who will support you throughout the process.
How long does it take to have a tooth extraction in Turkey?
It generally takes an hour for the procedure to be finished by our professional dentists in Cayra Clinic. The whole trip takes about 3-6 days.
Do I need to pay extra for anything after I buy the package?
Everything included in the package will be free. You may need to pay from your pocket for other fees such as food and entertainment.
What are the ways of transportation in Turkey?
We pick you up from the airport with our VIP car and drive you to your hotel and then we take you to the clinic from the hotel. We also have city tours with our VIP cars included in our packages.
Why Choose Us?
In Cayra Clinic, with proper technique performed by our specialist dentists, who have access to the modern pieces of equipment needed for the best possible outcome, it is nearly painless with a quick recovery.
You can visit our blog page for more information about Tooth Extraction.