Hernia surgery is a common procedure used to repair a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue that allows an internal organ or tissue to push through The most common type of hernia is an inguinal hernia, which can cause swelling or a lump in the groin area or
scrotum. The swelling may be painful and can appear when lifting something, and disappear when lying down If you’re experiencing symptoms of a hernia, it’s important to consult with a surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey to learn more about hernia surgery and get answers to all of
What Causes An Hernia?
An hernia usually happens when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel, such as the intestine, pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh. It pushes through a weak spot in the surrounding muscle wall (the abdominal wall) into an area called the inguinal canal. Inguinal hernias mainly affect men. Most are thought to be caused by ageing, although they can happen at any age. This is because as you get older, the muscles surrounding your abdomen (tummy) can become weaker. Hernias can sometimes appear suddenly after putting pressure on the abdomen, such as straining on the toilet if you have constipation or carrying and pushing heavy loads. They have also been linked to having a persistent, heavy cough. With hernia surgery in Turkey, you are bound to get freedom from the effect of Hernia.
When Is Hernia Surgery In Turkey Needed?
Hernias can be repaired using surgery to push the bulge back into place and strengthen the weakness in the abdominal wall. Hernia surgery in Turkey is usually recommended if you have a hernia that causes pain, severe or persistent symptoms, or if any serious complications develop.
Complications that can happen as a result of an hernia include:
- Obstruction – Where a section of the bowel becomes stuck in the inguinal canal, causing nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, as well as a painful lump in the groin
- Strangulation – Where a section of bowel becomes trapped and its blood supply is cut off; this requires emergency surgery within hours to release the trapped tissue and restore its blood supply so it does not die
Hernia surgery at Cayra Clinic in Turkey gets rid of the hernia to prevent any serious complications.
What Are The Methods Of Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
There are 2 ways an hernia surgery in Turkey can be performed. They include:
- Open surgery – Where a cut is made to allow the surgeon to push the lump back into the abdomen
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery – A less invasive, but more difficult, technique where several smaller cuts are made, allowing the surgeon to use instruments to repair the hernia
There are great advantages to both methods. The type of surgery you have depends on which method suits you, and your surgeon’s experience. You should be able to go home the same day or the day after hernia surgery in Turkey. It’s important to follow the instructions you’re given by your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey about how to look after yourself. This includes eating a good diet to avoid constipation, caring for the wound, and avoiding strenuous activities.
Most people make a full recovery from hernia surgery in Turkey within 6 weeks, with many being able to return to work and light activities within 2 weeks. Ask your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey for advice on when it’s safe for you to drive again. You should also speak to your insurer before driving again after having surgery.
Are There Any Risks From The Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
At Cayra Clinic, your surgeon will perform the surgery flawlessly without any risks. You can feel a little pain after hernia surgery in Turkey. This is normal as such pain will disappear in short time.
How Can I Travel Safely After Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
It’s always best to consult with your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey before planning any travel after surgery. Generally, however, the following tips are suggested when your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey clears you for travel by air:
- Stand, stretch, and walk as much as possible — this is particularly vital for flights longer than six hours.
- Wear compression stockings to prevent blood from pooling in the legs.
- Drink as much water as possible to remain hydrated.
Why Would I Need To Stay In The Hospital A Few Extra Hours After Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
In rare occasions, patients remain in the hospital for longer than the typical 3 to 6 hours. This extra time is spent in the recovery room, allowing the anesthesia from hernia surgery to wear off. At Cayra Clinic in Turkey, we utilize a combination of local anesthesia, a nerve block, IV medications and sometimes inhaled anesthesia. The goal of this combination is to make our patients as comfortable as possible, both during surgery and throughout recovery.
What Is The Recovery Period For Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
After hernia surgery in Turkey, you are likely to have pain for a few days. You may also feel tired and have less energy than normal. This is common. You should feel better after a few days and will probably feel much better in 7 days. For several weeks you may feel discomfort or pulling in the hernia surgery in Turkey when you move. You may have some bruising around the area of the repair. This is normal.
How Can You Care For Yourself At Home After Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
- Rest when you feel tired. Getting enough sleep will help you recover.
- Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. Walking boosts blood flow and helps prevent pneumonia and constipation.
- If your doctor at cayra Clinic in Turkey gives you an abdominal binder to wear, use it as directed. This is an elastic bandage that wraps around your belly and upper hips. It helps support your belly muscles after hernia surgery in Turkey.
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as biking, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey says it is okay.
- Avoid lifting anything that would make you strain. This may include heavy grocery bags and milk containers, a heavy briefcase or backpack, cat litter or dog food bags, a vacuum cleaner, or a child.
- Ask your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey when you can drive again.
- Most people are able to return to work within 1 to 2 weeks after surgery. But if your job requires that you do heavy lifting or strenuous activity, you may need to take 4 to 6 weeks off from work.
- You may shower 24 to 48 hours after surgery, if your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey approves it. Pat the cut (incision) dry. Do not take a bath for the first 2 weeks, or until your doctor tells you it is okay.
- Ask your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey when it is okay for you to have sex.
What Should Do Before Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
- Talk to your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey about any medications/vitamins/herbs you are taking as you may need to stop certain ones before surgery.
- Stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen (advil, motrin), naproxen (aleve, naprosyn), clopidogrel (plavix), warfarin (coumadin), and other blood thinners one week prior to surgery.
- Discuss any possible bleeding disorders or other medical conditions that you may have
- The day before surgery, do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the surgery.
- You will have blood samples taken in case you need a blood transfusion.
- Do not smoke. This will help you to recover quicker.
What Should You Do On The Day Of Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the hernia surgery in Turkey.
- Take the drugs your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey told you to take with a small sip of water.
- Your doctor at Cayra Clinic in Turkey will tell you when to arrive at the hospital.
What Happens After Hernia Surgery In Turkey?
- Hernia surgery in Turkey normally only requires a 23-hour or less stay. Most patients go home the same day.
- Abdominal wall hernia repairs may require up to a two-day hospital stay due to the internal stitches and healing that is required.
- Expect some soreness around the surgical site during the first 24 to 48 hours following hernia surgery in Turkey.
- Walking is encouraged, based on your energy level.
- This surgery has a quick recovery with most patients feeling much better within the first few days after hernia surgery in Turkey.
- Hiatal hernia repair patients may eat a modified liquid diet after surgery and will graduate to solid foods over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I fly after hernia surgery in Turkey?
For those who may not fly often, this could appear to be an odd question. For those who do fly often, it’s a very good question to ask! There are dangers associated with taking a plane ride or even a road trip if you don’t take the proper precautions after hernia surgery in Turkey.
Can you live with a hernia?
Absolutely yes! If your hernia is not causing pain or discomfort – it is possible to live with your hernia. One must remember that there is a risk of an emergency (incarceration or strangulation) from any hernia. A painless hernia typically (but not always) will start causing discomfort prior to an emergency. Approximately 20% of patients with a painless inguinal hernia will live many years prior to worsening symptoms or urgent need for hernia surgery in Turkey. The reason to fix the hernia is increasing discomfort, pain, or hernia enlargement (hernia surgery in Turkey will end these symptoms).
How do I decide to have hernia surgery in Turkey?
Hernia surgery in Turkey is recommended:
- If you are having intermittent discomfort or pain.
- If your hernia is enlarging.
- If you recovered from a recent hernia related emergency or painful event in the area of the hernia.
- If you are concerned enough about the risk of an emergency that you will be thinking about it too often.
Hernias don’t go away on their own. Only hernia surgery at Cayra Clinic in Turkey can repair a hernia.
How long can you live with a hernia before I need hernia surgery in Turkey?
The absolute answer is that it is “unpredictable.” Some can live with a hernia for their whole life while others will develop a hernia related emergency within months of the development of their hernia. So, the best thing is to schedule an appointment with Cayra Clinic in Turkey to get rid of hernia with hernia surgery in Turkey.
What does hernia surgery in Turkey’s procedure involve?
Your surgeon at Cayra Clinic in Turkey makes a few small incisions and inserts a tiny camera to the surgery site. This gives clear visualization of the surgical field and allows him great precision when placing surgical mesh over the hernia. This mesh is stapled, giving support the hernia site. In the case of a hiatal hernia, no mesh is used, but the site is wrapped with stomach tissue to reinforce the weakened area. Hernia surgery in Turkey is performed typically under general anesthesia.
How many incisions are made during hernia surgery in Turkey?
Three to four tiny incisions are made around the site of the hernia.
How long do I stay in the hospital after hernia surgery in Turkey?
In most cases, patients are discharged the same day; however, some patients who have had abdominal wall hernia repair may need to stay in the hospital for two days.
What is the recovery time for hernia surgery in Turkey?
Most patients are fully recovered within one week, but should get advice from the surgeon on when it is safe to lift, push or pull heavier objects.
Why Have My Hernia Surgery At Cayra Clinic In Turkey?
At Cayra Clinic in Turkey, we are committed to providing the safest, highest quality care and reporting publicly on our performance. Both our clinics in Istanbul and Antalya in Turkey work to meet these goals by focusing on the best result for your hernia surgery in Turkey. Our goal is to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible your health and safety are our top priority. Cayra Clinic in Turkey strives to provide the right care to the right patient at the right time every time. Cayra Clinic in Turkey is always here to receive you and to provide you the best medical care possible. Schedule an appointment now.
You can visit our blog page for more information about Strabismus Surgery.