Bone Marrow Transplant
Bone marrow transplant, the procedure of transplanting stem cells found in the fatty tissue inside bones, is essential for the formation of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets that make up our vascular system. This procedure is often referred to as a bone marrow transplant procedure. Each of these cells performs specific functions such as oxygenation of tissues, protection of the body from infection, and enhancing homeostasis. If you are in need of a bone marrow transplant, our team can provide the best possible care and support. Contact us today for more information on bone marrow transplant.
What Is Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey?
Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey is a procedure for implanting healthy hematopoietic cells in a patient for the treatment of malignant blood diseases. The method is based on the ability of bone marrow cells to produce new blood cells. A Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey procedure involves replacement of a diseased or dysfunctional bone marrow tissue by healthy stem cells which are destroyed due to radiation therapy or chemotherapy. There are different types of transplant procedures which depend upon the intensity of the problem and the urgency of the transplant. Turkey have strong and excellent healthcare infrastructures and technologies and provide bone marrow transplant surgeries at lower prices compared to hospitals in the USA.
What Is The Need For Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey Procedure?
Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey procedure is recommended in some of the following conditions,certain forms of cancers including lymphoma, multiple myeloma and leukemia, which affect the functioning of a healthy bone marrow. In cases of clinical conditions where the bone marrow fails to produce the right quality or quantity of blood cells and platelets. These conditions include:
- Sickle cell anemia: A genetic disorder in which the morphological structure of the red blood cells is distorted o aplastic anemia: an autoimmune disorder in which the bone marrow does not produce adequate number of red blood cells required for normal physiological functioning
- Thalassemia: A genetic disorder which results in the production of biochemically abnormal red blood cells, which resulst in excessive destruction of cells and consequently, anemia
- Neutropenia: An abnormal condition, where the bone marrow fails to produce adequate number of white blood cells
- Severe types of immunodeficiency syndromes: In critical situations, when chemotherapy or radiation therapy tend to destroy the patients bone marrow completely resulting in severe complications.
What Are The Procedure For Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey?
There are three different methods of conducting Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey which depend upon the donor of the transplant tissue. They include:
- Autologous bone marrow transplant: Auto” implies “self”, whereby the patient is the donor. This transplant procedure is used for patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy treatment regimen which are known to suppress the bone marrow functions. Stem cells are taken from the peripheral blood stem cells prior to the therapy treatment. These stem cells are subsequently re-implanted into the patient. Due to the nature of this procedure it is also referred to as “rescue transplant”.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplant: When the donor shares the same genetic profile with the donor it is referred to as allogeneic bone marrow transplant. The donor may be anyone from the patients close family (i.e. Parent, twin, brother or sister) or any unrelated individual with a similar gene profile. When the donor is a parent or a sibling it is referred to as haploid identical match (half identical to the recipient). When the donor is an identical twin it is referred to as a syngeneic transplant (completely identical to the recipient). Occasionally bone marrow transplants from unrelated donors with similar genetics are also done.
- Umbilical cord transplant: In this case, stem cells are taken from the umbilical cord immediately after the delivery. These cells mature faster and are more effective than other transplants and often use for transplant among infants born with deficient bone marrows.
What Are The Post- Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey Care?
- Most transplants require hospitalization, except for autologous transplants which can be done on out patient basis
- Hospital stay may range from four to six weeks. ” the patient will be closely monitored for blood and vital signs.
- Anti biotic, anti fungal and anti viral medications are prescribed to prevent infections
- Oral feeding may start only after gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and mouth sores cease.
- Occasionally some patients may require blood transfusion
There are not complications for Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. Normal effects like infections, internal bleeding or pain are normal and will disappear within a short period of time.
- Pretransplant tests and procedures
A series of tests and procedures can assess your general health and the status of your condition. The tests and procedures also ensure that you’re physically prepared for the Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. The evaluation may take several days or more. In addition, a long, thin tube (intravenous catheter) will be implanted into a large vein in your chest or neck. The catheter, often called a central line, usually remains in place for the duration of your treatment. Your transplant team at Cayra Clinic in Istanbul will use the central line to infuse the transplanted stem cells, medications and blood products into your body.
- Collecting stem cells for autologous transplant
If a transplant using your own stem cells (autologous transplant) is planned, you’ll undergo a procedure called apheresis (af-uh-ree-sis) to collect blood stem cells. Before apheresis, you’ll receive daily injections of growth factor to increase stem cell production and move stem cells into your circulating blood so that they can be collected. During apheresis, blood is drawn from a vein and circulated through a machine. The machine separates your blood into different parts, including stem cells. These stem cells are collected and frozen for future use in the Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey t. The remaining blood is returned to your body.
- Collecting stem cells for allogeneic transplant
If you’re having a transplant using stem cells from a donor (allogeneic transplant), you’ll need a donor. Once a donor is found, stem cells are gathered from that person for the Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. Stem cells can come from your donor’s blood or bone marrow. Your transplant team decides which is better for you based on your situation. Another type of allogeneic transplant uses stem cells from the blood of umbilical cords (cord blood transplant). Mothers can choose to donate umbilical cords after their babies’ births. The blood from these cords is frozen and stored in a cord blood bank until needed for a bone marrow transplant.
- The conditioning process
After completing the pretransplant tests and procedures, you’ll begin a process known as conditioning. During conditioning, you’ll undergo chemotherapy and possibly radiation to:
- Destroy cancer cells if you’re being treated for cancer that may spread to other parts of the body
- Suppress your immune system
- Prepare your bone marrow for the new stem cells
The type of conditioning process you receive depends on several factors, including the disease being treated, your overall health and the type of transplant planned. You may have both chemotherapy and radiation or just one of these treatments as part of your conditioning treatment.
What Happens During Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey?
Your Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey occurs after you complete the conditioning process. On the day of your transplant, stem cells are infused into your body through your central line. The transplant infusion is painless. You’ll be awake during the procedure.
What Should I Expect After The Bone Marrow Transplant In Istanbul, Turkey?
When the new stem cells enter your body, they travel through your blood to your bone marrow. In time, they multiply and begin to make new, healthy blood cells. This is called engraftment. It usually takes several weeks before the number of blood cells in your body starts to return to the standard range. In some people, it may take longer. In the days and weeks after your bone marrow transplant, you’ll have blood tests and other tests to monitor your condition. You may need medicine to manage complications, such as nausea and diarrhea. After your Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey, you will remain under close medical care. If you’re experiencing infections or other complications, you may need to stay in the hospital for several days or longer. Depending on the type of transplant, you’ll need to remain near the hospital for several weeks to months to allow close monitoring.
What is the Cost of Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey?
Turkish hair transplant clinic in Istabbul offer hair transplant procedures for just $1000 to $2500. This is a cheaper price compared to other European countries like the UK.
What is the success rate of Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey?
The success of the Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey procedure will depend upon several factors like age, sex, overall health status of the recipient, extent of match with the donor, genetics and tolerance to medications and treatment. Continuous follow up is vital for effective management of transplant cases. Ideally a recipient would take about 12 months for complete recovery, during which time the patient has to take great care and follow the advice of the medical team. Understandably, transplants for patients with nonmalignant diseases have a much better success rate with 88% to 96%.
Is It Safe To Travel To Turkey For A Bone Marrow Transplant?
Yes, it is safe to travel to Istanbul, Turkey for a Bone Marrow Transplant. Istanbul is not only a historical and interesting tourist destination but also a hair transplant center. Hundreds of thousands of people travel to turkey every year to undergo not only Bone Marrow Transplant in Istanbul, Turkey but also other medical procedures such as plastic surgery, orthopedics, oncology, bariatric surgery, and organ transplants.,
Cayra clinic in Istanbul, Turkey is truly the best option on the planet for hair transplant surgery. There are other places where you can get quality hair transplants, but they are all much more expensive. Because of this, medical tourism in Turkey is developing very rapidly. At Cayra Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey, we have employed the services of the best surgeon who will carry out the Bone Marrow Transplant surgery successfully using the latest technologies.
You can visit our blog page for more information about